We are committed to respecting your privacy rights, and maintaining the security of your data is a priority at NextGen Fruit Group. We will always handle your data fairly and legally and will be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
How we use your personal data
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement & only if you have opted in, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- to manage customer service interactions with you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing – Promotional Communications
NextGen Fruit Group uses your personal data for electronic (email) marketing purposes only (with your consent through signing up to receive these communications) to keep you up to date with the latest news, events & offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing the marketing preferences on your Mailchimp account with Biddenden Vineyards Ltd.
- Using the simple “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails.
- Contacting NextGen Fruit Group via the contact channels given at the end of this policy.
Sharing data with third parties
We will never share, sell or rent your data to third parties for marketing reasons. We do work with other service providers including IT & marketing service providers who we may need to share your personal data with. We only allow service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
In addition to our own suppliers, we may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain your data for electronic marketing purposes until such time that you unsubscribe or request for your personal data to be forgotten.
Personal information and data may also be shared with our partners and supporters.
Our partners/supporters sign an agreement that they will not share the data we proved them with any further than their company, and they will only use it for promoting their company for the period of supporter or partnership.
What personal data do we collect?
NextGen Fruit Group may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- your e-mail address;
- you date of birth (users of our website must verify they are aged 18 or over, and members must be in their 20’s or 30’s)
- purchases & orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s);
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with NextGen Fruit Group; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to keep you up to date with our news, events & offers; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
Booking events online
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit/debit card or book an event we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
Our event ticketing is powered by WordPress and WooCommerce. WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through WooCommerce’s data storage, databases and the general WooCommerce application. It stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Our store uses Stripe as a payment gateway to process credit/debit card payments. If you purchase an event ticket through our store, Stripe will store your credit/debit card information. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. No credit/debit card information is processed or stored on this website.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
If you provide us with your credit/debit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for NextGen Fruit Group processing customer personal data
NextGen Fruit Group collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of NextGen Fruit Group, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting NextGen Fruit Group, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to NextGen Fruit Group;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against NextGen Fruit Group; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and shareholders
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online site navigation.
- To enable NextGen Fruit Group to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
When someone visits www.nextgenfruitgroup.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Updates to this policy